Become a VectorMount Dealer
Become a VectorMount Dealer
VectorMount products are precision crafted right here in the USA. We strive to create dynamic products that are ever-evolving based on user demand and feedback. VectorMount products are engineered to give the user the freedom to record their adventures in a more natural way than static mounts allow. We understand that our retail and dealer partners are critical to helping us spread the VectorMount experience to consumers around the world, and that you invest time and resources to train knowledgeable staff and ensure compelling in-store experiences. In return, we are committed to continuing to develop and deliver innovative products that generate strong consumer interest and bring traffic into your stores and to your websites.
VectorMount Authorized Dealer Program
All authorized VectorMount dealers have a responsibility to ensure ongoing compliance with the policies & requirements described below to maintain your authorized status.
AUTHORIZED DEALER REQUIREMENTS:
To qualify for acceptance into the program, your business must meet the following requirements:
1. Maintain current business information.
Maintain accurate and up-to-date company information throughout the term of your dealer relationship with VectorMount. For example, if contact information changes, you open a new store location, change your name – let us know immediately.
2. Obey the law; abide by policy rules.
Comply with all applicable laws, rules, regulations & policies related to advertising, sales & marketing of VectorMount products.
3. Disclose all retail locations that carry VectorMount products.
Recognize that qualifying retail locations can only be one of the following: your physical brick & mortar store(s), your commerce-enabled website(s), commerce-enabled 3rd-party online marketplaces, temporary storefronts (events, trade shows, pop up stores).
4. Report sell-thru.
Be prepared to report sell-thru information by SKU and approved retail location upon request.
5. Serve customer needs.
Provide a level of sales support and customer support for our customers that, at a minimum, demonstrates industry best practices.
6. ONLY purchase VectorMount products directly from VectorMount.
DON'T buy VectorMount products from other retailers or from sources not expressly endorsed by VectorMount.
7. ONLY sell VectorMount products to end consumers in approved retail locations.
DON'T sell on sites such as forums, eBay, Amazon, or other online 3rd Party Marketplaces etc. without permission from VectorMount.
DON'T sell VectorMount products to other retailers or exporters.
DON'T sell VectorMount products on websites or in retail locations not disclosed in your Authorized Dealer Application and approved in advance by VectorMount.
8. ONLY sell VectorMount products to end consumers in your assigned territory / primary country of business.
DON'T sell or ship VectorMount products to international customers if your territory is in the USA.
DON'T sell or ship VectorMount products to end consumers online if your territory does not include the online channel.
9. ONLY sell VectorMount products in original packaging.
DON'T alter original VectorMount packaging in any way prior to reselling VectorMount products.
DON'T remove VectorMount products from packaging and resell in different packaging, or under a different name.
DON'T integrate VectorMount products into your own or 3rd party products and sell as bundles without a license from VectorMount.
10. Abide by VectorMount's trademark and brand policy guidelines.
DON'T set up businesses, register website domain names or social media usernames that contain any of our trademarks.
DON'T use unapproved marketing materials (such as photos and copy) for VectorMount products.
DON'T advertise VectorMount products in ways that violate the terms of these dealer requirements or our Minimum Retail Price Policy.
11. Support our branded online community and abide by our social media guidelines for authorized dealers.
12. Demonstrate your VectorMount expertise.
Demonstrate that you and/or your employees understand how to successfully operate VectorMount mounts and accessories during activities related to the primary vertical / target customer indicated on your application.
AUTHORIZED E-COMMERCE ONLINE DEALER REQUIREMENTS:
To qualify for selling into the online channel with your e-commerce website, your business must be able to accommodate the following e-commerce requirements:
1. No commercial use of VectorMount trademarks in online advertising without permission.
Must NOT use our brand level keywords, or any misspellings of our trademarks to target your online advertisements or in your ad copy without first receiving written permission from VectorMount to do so.
For example, do NOT commercially use “VectorMount”, “VectorMount video”, “VectorMount hd”, or variations thereof, to target your online ads, or advertise VectorMount products in online advertising unless you first receive written permission from VectorMount.
2. Follow VectorMount brand guidelines; only use VectorMount authorized brand assets.
Must agree to comply with VectorMount brand guidelines and represent yourself as a VectorMount authorized dealer in all online advertising and sales collateral.
3. Only service customers within an assigned geographic territory.
Must be able to restrict customer order shipments to shipping addresses located within your assigned, country-designated territory.
4. Sell on approved retail website(s) only.
Must only take orders via publicly accessible e-commerce enabled web pages hosted on approved websites owned and operated by your company.
For example, selling via 3rd party marketplaces (eBay, Amazon, Alibaba, Overstock.com, Facebook.com, etc.), drop-ship accounts (Buy.com, Newegg.com, Amazon.com, Costco.com, Overstock.com, etc.), classified sites (Craigslist.org, Facebook Marketplace, etc.) or direct messages on forums is strictly prohibited.
5. Sell to retail consumers only.
You may NOT sell in bulk to B2B accounts, wholesalers, or drop ship for other online retailers. Sell to your end-user consumers only.
6. Plan your e-commerce business separately from offline retail.
You must have the ability to plan inventory for your e-commerce business separately from inventory planned for your physical store’s business.
7. Use known 3rd party shopping cart.
You must use a known 3rd party shopping cart system on all commerce-enabled websites owned and operated by your company.
8. Ensure PCI compliance.
Must ensure PCI compliance for all approved commerce-enabled retail websites where customer information is collected.
10. Use VectorMount supplied core product data in feeds.
Must be able to use standard set of VectorMount-supplied core product data in product data feeds that you distribute to 3rd party advertising venues and marketplaces unless prior written permission is obtained by VectorMount.
For example, you will need to use our standard brand, product title and model number in any product data you publish, distribute, or display on your own e-commerce website product pages, 3rd party comparison shopping engines, affiliate partners, or otherwise.
11. No bundling VectorMount products without obtaining permission.
Must NOT re-SKU or bundle VectorMount products in your online assortments and data feeds without receiving prior written permission from VectorMount.
For example, the product data feed supplied to you by VectorMount will define your only acceptable product assortment to market and sell VectorMount products in the online channel. You will not be allowed to republish our products under new bundled product listings without first obtaining written permission from VectorMount. This includes selling packages of VectorMount products OR bundling VectorMount products with 3rd-party products.
Minimum Retail Price Policy (MRP)
As the leading innovator of dynamic camera mounts for sports and other vehicles, VectorMount is proud of its role in pioneering this new form of activity image capture. Professional athletes, weekend warriors, aspiring filmmakers and established production companies are all using VectorMount camera mounts and accessories to simplify capturing video and photos of their most active and exciting experiences.
We recognize that our high-quality dealers invest time and resources to deliver an extraordinary customer experience through knowledgeable staff and compelling vendor presentation. To support our dealers' efforts, VectorMount wishes to establish policies that allow dealers to earn the profits necessary to maintain the high level of customer excellence people have come to expect from VectorMount dealers.
To protect the investment of our high-quality dealers and VectorMount's brand reputation, we have unilaterally adopted a MINIMUM RETAIL PRICE POLICY ("MRP Policy"). VectorMount established this MRP Policy due to the fact that dealer advertising and sales practices that promote VectorMount products primarily on the basis of price could be detrimental to dealers' service and support efforts and VectorMount's competitive position. Such activities can be harmful to VectorMount's brand, reputation and competitiveness, and allow some dealers to take advantage of the service and support efforts of others. VectorMount believes that these practices are unfair and thus discourages such efforts.
Beginning immediately, VectorMount, at its unilateral discretion, will not do business with any dealer, as to the products covered by this MRP Policy, if that dealer intentionally advertises any VectorMount product below its Minimum Retail Price. VectorMount is confident that this program will strengthen its competitiveness and benefit all of its dealers.
Official Policy and Guidelines
Additional guidelines related to this MRP Policy are as follows:
1. VectorMount reserves the right, at its unilateral discretion, to take other action with respect to any dealer that violates this MRP Policy.
2. The MRP Policy will be enforced by VectorMount at its sole discretion.
3. VectorMount recognizes that any authorized VectorMount account must sell the VectorMount product at the Minimum Retail Price as outlined in the dealer pricing agreement. VectorMount similarly has the right to make its own independent decision regarding product allocations and dealer participation as a member of the VectorMount Authorized Dealer Program – at any time.
4. VectorMount will maintain an updated "MRP Products" list of those products that will fall under this MRP Policy. VectorMount reserves the right to update or modify this list at any time.
5. All Products listed will have an MRP retail price. Listing a price other than the MRP retail price next to the featured MRP product in any advertising will be viewed as a violation of this MRP Policy. This MRP Policy applies to all advertisement of MRP products in any and all media, including, without limitation, flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, mail order catalogs, internet or similar electronic media including websites, forums, email newsletters, email solicitations, television, radio, and public signage. Such website features as "Click for price", automated "bounce – back" pricing e-mails, pre-formatted e-mail responses, forms, automatic price display for any items prior to being placed in a customer's shopping cart, and other similar features are considered to be communications initiated by the dealer (rather than by the customer) and this constitutes "advertising" under this MRP Policy. This MRP Policy also applies to any activity which VectorMount determines, at its sole discretion, is designed or intended to circumvent the intent of this MRP Policy, such as solicitations for 'group purchases' and the like.
6. It shall not be a violation of this MRP Policy to advertise in general that the dealer has "the lowest prices" or will match or beat its competitors' prices, or to use similar phrases; so long as the dealer does not include any advertised price below MRP and otherwise complies with this MRP Policy.
7. From time to time, VectorMount may permit dealers to advertise MRP products at prices lower than the minimum retail price. In such events, VectorMount reserves the right to modify or suspend the MRP retail price with respect to the affected products for a specified period of time by providing advance notice to all dealers of such changes.
8. From time to time VectorMount may offer a direct manufacturer's rebate to customers. In such events, it shall not be a violation of this MRP Policy to advertise the availability of the manufacturer's rebate, provided that (a) the advertisement include an MRP-compliant price, the rebate amount, and the net price after manufacturer's rebate in the same type size and style; (b) an asterisk is placed next to the net price after manufacturer's rebate; and (c) the "*After manufacturer's rebate" appears in the same area of the advertisement as the advertised product.
9. Where VectorMount products are bundled with or sold as part of a package that includes other products (whether or not manufactured by VectorMount), it shall be a violation of this MRP Policy to sell or advertise the bundle (or package) at a price that: (a) is lower than the total Minimum Advertised Price of the VectorMount product or (b) violates the letter or spirit of the MRP Policy. It shall be a violation of this MRP Policy if products are bundled with or sold as part of a package that includes products not pre-approved by VectorMount. Pre-approved products have been tested and approved by VectorMount engineers to ensure the product is up to VectorMount standards. Ask your VectorMount sales representative for a list of approved products.
10. Its shall be a violation of this MRP Policy to include in any advertising for VectorMount products any additional discount, coupon, gift card, or incentive (whether in the form of a special event, promotion, term of doing business or otherwise) that translates into an immediate price reduction, where the cumulative effect would be to reduce the advertised price of any MRP product below MRP. Advertising that includes an additional discount, coupon, gift card, points, or any other incentive for future purchases (regardless of whether the future purchases is of a VectorMount product) shall be evaluated under the same guidelines as described in Section 9 regarding product bundling. For example, a gift card redeemable on a future purchase would be considered an "other product" under Section 9. This Section 10 shall not apply to any manufacturer's rebate from VectorMount on VectorMount products or its partners' products.
11. It shall not be a violation of this MRP Policy to advertise that a customer may "call for price" or "email for price", or to use similar language, specifically with respect to VectorMount products, so long as no price is listed.
12. If a dealer with multiple store locations violates this MRP Policy at any particular store location, then VectorMount will consider this to be a violation by all of the dealer's locations.
13. Although dealers remain free to establish their own resale prices above MRP, VectorMount reserves the right to cancel all orders and indefinitely refuse to accept any new orders from any dealers following VectorMount's verification that such dealer has advertised any MRP products at a net retail sales price less that the then-current MRP retail price established by VectorMount, or if dealer has violated this policy in any other way.
14. VectorMount's sales representatives are NOT permitted to discuss this Policy or make any agreements or assurances with respect to VectorMount's Policy regarding dealer advertising or pricing. This also includes any consumer program or promotion that affects the below-listed MRP Products.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: What is the VectorMount Authorized Dealer Program (VADP)?
A: VADP is an authorized dealer program and a new pricing policy that establishes minimum resale prices for VectorMount products.
Q: Why is VectorMount introducing an authorized dealer program?
A: VectorMount is introducing an authorized dealer program to maintain the long-term strength of its brand, to make sure that only quality dealers carry the products and to make sure there are sufficient margins for these valuable dealers to continue to support VectorMount.
Q: How do I sign up to become an authorized dealer?
A: Instructions for applying for dealer status can be found at the bottom of this page.
Q: How much does the program cost?
A: There is no charge to belong to the program; the VADP is designed to benefit you, the dealer.
Q: What is the pricing policy?
A: The VADP MRP (Minimum Retail Pricing) policy establishes minimum resale prices - the price the consumer actually pays - for VectorMount products.
Q: How can the VADP MRP be violated?
A: If you sell a VectorMount product below the MRP pricing, the actual price a consumer pays for the product - you will be in violation of the policy.
Q: What if I violate the MRP policy?
A: You will be found to be in violation of the VADP and will no longer be able to buy VectorMount products.
Q: How long is the penalty for?
A: The penalty for violating the VADP is indefinite.
Q: What is the MRP Pricing?
A: Once you are an Authorized VectorMount dealer, we will furnish you with complete pricing lists.
Q: Are there discounts allowed?
A: Our MRP Policy allows for free shipping and free support - although these are not counted as discounts. All other discounts that bring the price paid for the product below MRP are violations of the VADP.
Q: What are examples of what I'm not allowed to do?
A: Examples of violations include any discount that would bring the net-realized price paid to below the MRP price – examples include offering 10% off the MRP price, a coupon to be used on a future purchase, instant or mail-in rebates, free gas card, etc.
Q: What is the minimum buy-in to become a VectorMount dealer?
A: VectorMount requires a $2,000 minimum first order to to establish an Authorized Dealer relationship. This first order commitment verifies that you are an established, reputable and volume dealer.
Q: Does this violate any laws?
A: U.S antitrust law states that it is lawful for manufacturers to adopt a policy regarding resale prices and to deal only with dealers that independently choose to follow the policy. Many companies in other industries have similar programs in place.
APPLICATION FOR DEALERS
To complete the application, follow the steps below:
Fill out and submit the VectorMount Authorized Dealer Application.
Provide a current copy of your state business license.
Provide photos of each physical retail location (exterior and interior).
Send these electronic copies to our dealer department by clicking here.
Upon approval of the documentation, we will send you an electronic copy of the Authorized Dealers Agreement with next steps and further information on how to get started.
Thank you for your interest in VectorMount!
-The VectorMount Team